You've asked for it and we've done it!
The PMA Fullsize Priming Tool picks up where our Mini Mite left off and takes priming to a whole new level.
Includes large and small primer punch assemblies and one shellholder of your choice.
- Ball bearing drive - The ball bearing in this tool serves two functions. It fully supports both the priming punch assembly and engages the linkage. This keeps the punch assembly and link in perfect alignment and eliminates wear on these two parts. The ball bearing also keeps operation smooth (and it's pretty cool too, if we do say so ourselves).
- Ground contact surfaces - We use 17-4 PH stainless steel for all of our moving parts and grind the contact surfaces of our priming punches flat and parallel. This keeps your primers entering straight and bottoming flat in the primer pocket.
- Adjustable head - The adjustable head simplifies making small adjustments to primer seating depth. We prefer to look at adjusting the head as adjusting where the handle will stop when the primer is properly seated and bottomed out firmly in the primer pocket. Our head is infinitely adjustable, no clicks, just a well fitted thread that is kept secure using a friction o-ring so nothing moves while in use.
- Leverage - This tool has a LOT of leverage, this reduces hand fatigue, but still maintains a great feel as the primer bottoms and seats fully into the primer pocket. Once properly adjusted to your preference, the feeling of the primer seating is like hitting a wall, every time.
- Minimal clearances and tight tolerances - We keep the tolerances on this tool tight and the clearance between the punch assembly and main body to a minimum. This keeps the "guts" of this tool in perfect alignment, every time.
- Ergonomics - So many hand priming tools are much larger than they need to be. This tool fits well in the hand and is 1" shorter and 4oz lighter than other stainless steel priming tools. We've also engineered an upward swoop to our handle, adding to the comfort of priming.
- Secondary punch (primer cup) - Our secondary punch engages the case head, keeping it square with the primer and punch. It also fully supports the primer (keeping it straight) for entry into the primer pocket.
- Utilizes Redding press type shellholders - We've found that Redding shellholders have the most consistent thru hole in the industry and are the most square. We inspect each shellholder we sell to make sure that it fits our tools before shipping. Redding shellholders you already have should also work.
- Simple swaps from small to large primer and shellholders - Switching from small to large primer assemblies couldn't be simplier. Simply screw off the adjustable head completely, drop out one punch assembly and drop in the other. Shellholder changes are accomplished in the same way.
- Accepts Redding Press Type Shellholders
Another high quality item from PMA. This tool is as slick as goose grease, ergonomic, smooth and uniform priming. Thanks!
The best, most consistent priming tool I have used. Like everything else I have from PMA, NEVER disappointed.
If you are looking for best priming tool on the market look no farther. It has the best feel of any priming tool on the market. I would give it 6 star rating. It uses standard shell holders. Have used many priming tools and this one tops them all. I just can,t say enough good things about this tool
Ok, I don't write too many reviews - don't have time for it. Making an exception here because the quality of this PMA hand priming tool is INSANE. Yeah, it's that good. You are going to look forward to priming your cases now, just so you can use this tool - not kidding, it's that nice. I almost bought the 21st Century version, and I'm sure it's fine, but I liked the ergonomic handle on this one. Super solid and smooth operating, all stainless steel and ball bearing driven. What did they miss? Nothing that I can see. Yes, it's a little pricey, but when you use it, you will understand that it's worth every penny. Great job PMA! Steve P. from PA
I just started reloading again after a 20 year hiatus. I had to re-purchase all of the equipment I sold years ago and one of the things I really wanted to upgrade was my primer tool. I learned of the PMA tool www.accurateshooter.com and I am sure glad I decided to purchase the tool. Craftsmanship is as good as I could ever imagine and the feel when seating primers is outstanding. This device seems to be perfect!
Great priming tool, it works very well.
As with all the tools I've purchased from PMA this one functions flawlessly. The word "precision" can be applied to the individual parts and the entire assembly. The lever fits well and doesn't cause fatigue. On an aside, for the first time in 45 years of reloading I received a Redding shell holder that didn't have a uniform internal diameter on the center hole. It prevented the spring loaded shroud from passing! A bit of corrective action with abrasive resolved the problem. (PMA note: Redding Shellholders received from PMA Tool are inspected for this issue and corrected prior to shipping)
I have been using a 21st Century seater. The PMA seater has better feel in bottoming primers than 21st Century . Also I do not fatigue after 100+ primers seated, which I associate this with the larger PMA handle. As any other PMA product, machining is second to none.