PMA Ball Bearing Drive Priming Tool (308/BR Family)
You've asked for it and we've done it!
The PMA Fullsize Priming Tool picks up where our Mini Mite left off and takes priming to a whole new level.
Includes large and small primer punch assemblies and one shellholder of your choice.
- Ball bearing drive - The ball bearing in this tool serves two functions. It fully supports both the priming punch assembly and engages the linkage. This keeps the punch assembly and link in perfect alignment and eliminates wear on these two parts. The ball bearing also keeps operation smooth (and it's pretty cool too, if we do say so ourselves).
- Ground contact surfaces - We use 17-4 PH stainless steel for all of our moving parts and grind the contact surfaces of our priming punches flat and parallel. This keeps your primers entering straight and bottoming flat in the primer pocket.
- Adjustable head - The adjustable head simplifies making small adjustments to primer seating depth. We prefer to look at adjusting the head as adjusting where the handle will stop when the primer is properly seated and bottomed out firmly in the primer pocket. Our head is infinitely adjustable, no clicks, just a well fitted thread that is kept secure using a friction o-ring so nothing moves while in use.
- Leverage - This tool has a LOT of leverage, this reduces hand fatigue, but still maintains a great feel as the primer bottoms and seats fully into the primer pocket. Once properly adjusted to your preference, the feeling of the primer seating is like hitting a wall, every time.
- Minimal clearances and tight tolerances - We keep the tolerances on this tool tight and the clearance between the punch assembly and main body to a minimum. This keeps the "guts" of this tool in perfect alignment, every time.
- Ergonomics - So many hand priming tools are much larger than they need to be. This tool fits well in the hand and is 1" shorter and 4oz lighter than other stainless steel priming tools. We've also engineered an upward swoop to our handle, adding to the comfort of priming.
- Secondary punch (primer cup) - Our secondary punch engages the case head, keeping it square with the primer and punch. It also fully supports the primer (keeping it straight) for entry into the primer pocket.
- Utilizes Redding press type shellholders - We've found that Redding shellholders have the most consistent thru hole in the industry and are the most square. We inspect each shellholder we sell to make sure that it fits our tools before shipping. Redding shellholders you already have should also work.
- Simple swaps from small to large primer and shellholders - Switching from small to large primer assemblies couldn't be simplier. Simply screw off the adjustable head completely, drop out one punch assembly and drop in the other. Shellholder changes are accomplished in the same way.
- Accepts Redding Press Type Shellholders
- Includes Redding #1 Shellholder for 308/BR case families
Dear Pat and team, I would like to ask that you quit making such great tools. I am compelled to buy your offerings and running out of excuses to tell my wife! Priming tool is light in the hand, but heavy enough to discern it is quality, and very repeatable. A pleasure to use and pride of ownership is strong as with all pma tools.
This is the best hand priming tool I've used. I would highly recommend.
Excellent build and feel, very easy to setup and perfect primer seating every time. The operation is very smooth and easy on the hands.
Easy to use Set my primer depth where I want it
Very well made. Easy to use. Gives consistent results.
This tool is a huge upgrade from my Sinclair priming tool and lives up to every feature listed in the description. It feels comfortable in the hand and what really stands out for me are both the sensitive feel when seating primers and the ease of primer depth adjustment. About 1/16" of head rotation yields .001" seating depth change and it is easy to hit and hold that kind of resolution due to the O-ring friction. I make Sharpie marks on the head and body for reference and can make 1/16" movements from there if I want to try a different primer crush. Another exceptionally well designed and executed PMA Tool product.
I don't have enough experience to know if the "collar" that extends through the shellholder and captures the primer is common to this kind of tool, but it's brilliant! Very easy to use and has plenty of leverage to seat the primer precisely without much effort. Great tool!
Another high quality item from PMA. This tool is as slick as goose grease, ergonomic, smooth and uniform priming. Thanks!
The best, most consistent priming tool I have used. Like everything else I have from PMA, NEVER disappointed.