We've improved our Model A with an updated cutter with more relief to keep the mandrel cooler and be able to remove more brass faster. We've also updated the adjustment locking mechanism in order to reduce memory and make .0001" adjustments even more repeatable.
The PMA Neck Turning Tool is the best neck turner available today. You know why you need or want to neck turn, but with so many different models on the market, which do you choose? The factors determining your choice of neck turning tools essentially boils down to three key demands; ease and repeatability of adjustment, comfort of use and cut finish. This tool absolutely satisfies these demands.
Our neck turning tool does not use a course or fine drive screw to move the cutter towards or away from the mandrel. We don’t utilize an unnecessary micrometer or dial indicator. Nor do we rotate the mandrel on an eccentric which changes the center of the cut and has inconsistent adjustment. Our Model A neck turning tool simply adjusts by moving the mandrel toward or away from the stationary cutter with VERY minimal backlash. The Model A utilizes a super-fine 80TPI drive screw giving you .0002” adjustment between each mark, the marks have ample space between them allowing you to make adjustments as fine as .0001”. Tool does not include mandrel.
To see a video of this neck turning tool in use go to:
· Adjustments of 0.0002” are easy to accomplish
o (0.0001” adjustments not out of the questions)
· Accepts PMA or Sinclair neck turning mandrels (sold separately)
o Also accepts K&M mandrels with the use of an adaptor
· Carbide cutter should never go dull
o Available in multiple cutter angles
1. 30˚ for a wide variety of cartridges including BR, PPC, RSAUM and 6.5x47
2. 30° for short-neck (<.250") cartridges such as 204 Ruger, 17 FB and various wildcats
3. 35˚ for 284 and WSM family cartridges
4. 40˚ for improved cartridges
5. 40 for short-neck (<.250") cartridges such as Dasher and various wildcats
6. 17.5˚ cutter for 30-06 family
7. 20˚ cutter for 308 family and 338 Lapua
8. 23˚ cutter for 223 family
9. 28˚ cutter for 22-250 (also work for 6mm Rem)
· Replacement cutters available separately
· Large ergonomic design
o Fits the hand well with good heft without being too heavy
o Size & shape keeps the tool easy to control under the torque of a case lathe or power drill
THE BEST turner for 6br and 22br I've ever used by far.
so simple to use. workmanship is outstanding. easy to use
This is not a cheap tool, but if you like quality tools this is the one for you. This even allows you to adjust the angle of the mandrel to fine tune the cutter to the mandrel. I have never been disappointed with a PMA Tool product yet.
Don't know why I didn't got one sooner Super easy to use and does a great job
Awesome tool love it!
Great tool. Turn my 6br brass with it. All the other tools that I bought with it are great
The tool picture needs improving to show the screw adjustment/holes better. If you like a Pumpkin turner you will like this turner!!!!!
Helps me keep my body and head off the gun shooting free recoil