For rifles chambered in 308, 30BR, 7mm-08 and 7mm BR.
This Rod Guide is specially made for the Ruger Precision Rifle chambered in 308 Winchester. In addition to being the proper diameter, this rod guide is also 15" in length to accommodate the extra long receiver length of the Ruger Precision Rifle. A 44" Dewey cleaning rod is recommended for use with this guide/rifle combination.
We've taken the best features of the rod guides we've been using for years and put them into one guide.
The PMA Rod Guide Features:
- 15" overall length (Ruger Precision Rifle only)
- CNC Lathe Turned Black Delrin
- Our guides are made from black delrin because it doesn't stain and discolor like white delrin.
- Integral Solvent Port
- The integral solvent port is machined and located properly, not too big, not too small, and not directly under the scope eye piece (at least for most rifles).
- Postitive Markings
- Our guides are laser marked and paint filled; the paint may eventually wear off, but unlike stickers or identifying marks made by a marker, the engraving is there to stay.
- Red Silicone O-Rings
- In our opinion, red silicone o-rings hold up better to solvents and because they are a contrasting color to the black delrin, any wear and tear on the o-ring is instantly recognizable.
- Aluminum Rod Guide Insert
- We use aluminum for our rod guide insert, this allows us to hold a tighter tolerance on the inside diameter ensuring support for the cleaning rod. Aluminum also lets us give the end of the insert a nice, sharp, clean knurl for pulling the insert out of the guide.
- Dual O-Ring Insert
- Our insert also has two o-rings instead of just one so it doesn't wobble inside of the guide. The less everything wobbles, the straighter the rod will be in the bore.
- Clear Reusable Packaging
- We use the same telescoping plastic tube used to transport and ship high dollar cutting tools. It easily holds a rod guide and insert and is clear so the markings on the rod guide can be seen.
You get what you pay for, while this bore scope isn’t cheap, it’s very nice. This is well machined pieces of anodized aluminum, not plastic. Fits my RPR .308 wonderfully.
Nice work fellas, thanks for the only good guide out there for this Ruger of mine
This is a very fine bore guide, which fits my Ruger Precision Rifle in .308 perfectly. I saw other guides that were less expensive, but as the saying goes... you get what you pay for. I am very happy with the fit & design. I definitely recommend this tool.
just receive tool in mail did't use it yet but after unwrapping it I could see it is a very well made bore guide which I know it will work perfect, I recommend PMA tools Thanks.
Most rod guides I have seen, are made from aluminium and are not a specific firearm model. The PMA .308 RPR guide, fits perfectly with O rings to prevent fluid loss and with support the full length through the action. The black colour also does not show any marring to the metaled surfaces, unlike others on the market. Nice bit of useful kit!
The Ruger Precision 308 rod guide appears to work as advertised. The surprise is with the finish and appearance of the guide, the mark of a craftsman is when he carries the product to a higher level that shows pride in what he has created.
This rod guide for the .308 Ruger RPR is very well thought out and perfectly fitted. A pleasure to use and a must have item for those who like precision and convenience.
I bought this for my Ruger Precision Rifle after searching on the web. Lucas Bore Guides were highly recommended, but that guy would not answer several emails, so his loss. Not the case with PMA Tools, I was able to talk to one of the owners before making the purchase.The guide is very well made. For 308 RPR, use a 40" Dewey rod. If you have the 6.5 Creedmore, get a 44" rod.
Fit perfect and functioned as advertised. High quality on the machining of the part.