PMA Rod Guide Remington / Kelbly- 308
For rifles chambered in 308, 30BR, 7mm-08 and 7mm BR.
This Rod Guide will fit any action with a bolt diameter between .695" and .705". Including Kelbly, Remington 700/40X, Savage and Winchester.
We've taken the best features of the rod guides we've been using for years and put them into one guide.
The PMA Rod Guide Features:
- CNC Lathe Turned Black Delrin
- Our guides are made from black delrin because it doesn't stain and discolor like white delrin.
- Integral Solvent Port
- The integral solvent port is machined and located properly, not too big, not too small, and not directly under the scope eye piece (at least for most rifles).
- Postitive Markings
- Our guides are laser marked and paint filled; the paint may eventually wear off, but unlike stickers or identifying marks made by a marker, the engraving is there to stay.
- Red Silicone O-Rings
- In our opinion, red silicone o-rings hold up better to solvents and because they are a contrasting color to the black delrin, any wear and tear on the o-ring is instantly recognizable.
- Finger Groove
- At the back end of the guide we have a finger groove instead knurling, delrin does not lend itself to a nice sharp knurl, the finger groove gives good purchase on the rod guide to pull it out of the receiver.
- Aluminum Rod Guide Insert
- We use aluminum for our rod guide insert, this allows us to hold a tighter tolerance on the inside diameter ensuring support for the cleaning rod. Aluminum also lets us give the end of the insert a nice, sharp, clean knurl for pulling the insert out of the guide (it also allows us to make the inserts in a beautiful blue color).
- Dual O-Ring Insert
- Our insert also has two o-rings instead of just one so it doesn't wobble inside of the guide. The less everything wobbles, the straighter the rod will be in the bore.
- Clear Reusable Packaging
- We use the same telescoping plastic tube used to transport and ship high dollar cutting tools. It easily holds a rod guide and insert and is clear so the markings on the rod guide can be seen.
It is made by PMA what can I say other than it works, and works great!
Fits perfectly and the insert allows the rod to cycle without flex. Very happy with the product!
Was concerned about the Remington/Panda-308 bore guides compatibility with the Ruger Scout Rifle modified M77 action but after talking with Pat decided to give it a try. Did some measurements and verified the bore guide fits the Ruger action. Not all shooters are fans of using bore guides for a variety of reasons but I use them to keep solvents out of the recievers, ease of adding solvent and feeding patches/brushes into the action. Added benefit is less flexing of the cleaning rod with a “tight” patch. These guides are well made and worth the extra cost.
PMA makes an excellent bore guide that fit the action as expected and the aluminum insert was a perfect fit for the Bore Tech rod. Personnel are knowledgeable on their products, friendly and very helpful. Highly recommend PMA's products and service.
Really true rod-bore alignment. Much better than the average rod guide. Worth every nickel!!!! Plus it works on lots of other standard-size bolt channels, like my Springfields . . .
ordered it over the phone. excellent customer service. came in the mail two days later