For rifles chambered in 6BR, 22-250, 243 Win, 6mm Dasher, 6 Creedmoor and many more.
This Rod Guide will fit any action with a bolt diameter between .695" and .700". This includes Remington 700/40X, Kelbly, Borden, Savage, Winchester, Impact, most Defiance and Zermatt (Bighorn) actions, Christensen Arms, Weatherby Varmintmaster and many more. If you are unsure whether this rod guide is for your rifle, please give us a call or shoot us an email.
We've taken the best features of the rod guides we've been using for years and put them into one guide.
The PMA Rod Guide Features:
- CNC Lathe Turned Black Delrin
- Our guides are made from black delrin because it doesn't stain and discolor like white delrin.
- Integral Solvent Port
- The integral solvent port is machined and located properly, not too big, not too small, and not directly under the scope eye piece (at least for most rifles).
- Postitive Markings
- Our guides are laser marked and paint filled; the paint may eventually wear off, but unlike stickers or identifying marks made by a marker, the engraving is there to stay.
- Red Silicone O-Rings
- In our opinion, red silicone o-rings hold up better to solvents and because they are a contrasting color to the black delrin, any wear and tear on the o-ring is instantly recognizable.
- Finger Groove
- At the back end of the guide we have a finger groove instead knurling, delrin does not lend itself to a nice sharp knurl, the finger groove gives good purchase on the rod guide to pull it out of the receiver.
- Aluminum Rod Guide Insert
- We use aluminum for our rod guide insert, this allows us to hold a tighter tolerance on the inside diameter ensuring support for the cleaning rod. Aluminum also lets us give the end of the insert a nice, sharp, clean knurl for pulling the insert out of the guide (it also allows us to make the inserts in a beautiful blue color).
- Dual O-Ring Insert
- Our insert also has two o-rings instead of just one so it doesn't wobble inside of the guide. The less everything wobbles, the straighter the rod will be in the bore.
- Clear Reusable Packaging
- We use the same telescoping plastic tube used to transport and ship high dollar cutting tools. It easily holds a rod guide and insert and is clear so the markings on the rod guide can be seen.
The rod guide includes one insert and two spare o-rings.
This is the nicest rod guides I've used. The fit and seal perfectly
I ordered the wrong rod guides and Pat was kind enough to let me exhange them for the correct ones. Upon delivery of the correct ones, USPS somehow managed to lose both rod guides and delivered an empty package to me that was taped back together. Usps was useless and helpless as usual. I called PMA and they replaced the lost rod guides at no charge to me. I can't thank them enough for the great product and even better customer service. Thanks again!
This is my first guide of this particular type. I’m a big fan. It really does help hold the rod straighter when pushing but also straighter when starting the patch.
Bore guide fits tight in the chamber making sure no solvent runs back into action. Machining is top notch. Ill be buying more for sure.
The fit and finish is excellent. Fits the bore perfect and the cleaning rod has the perfect amount of play in the guide. I’d recommend ordering extra o-rings when ordering (I did). I tore an oring the first time I used it., they should supply some replacements. After I tore the first oring I started setting the oring with solvent prior to inserting into chamber, this solved the issue.
Fit and function are great. Using this guide puts me at ease that I won’t whip the inside of my barrel/crown. Great tool! Must have if you take cleaning serious.
Just the ticket. As usual, a high quality PMA product.
Everything that I have gotten from PMA has been absolutely amazing