The PMA Big Boy Model A Neck Turning Tool is a scaled up version of our standard Model A Neck Turner and is packed with all the same features. Just as the name implies, this tool is sized appropriately to handle neck turning of 35 caliber up to 50cal cartridges.
The PMA Neck Turning Tool is the best neck turner available today. You know why you need or want to neck turn, but with so many different models on the market, which do you choose? The factors determining your choice of neck turning tools essentially boils down to three key demands; ease and repeatability of adjustment, comfort of use and cut finish. This tool absolutely satisfies these demands.
Our neck turning tool does not use a course or fine drive screw to move the cutter towards or away from the mandrel. We don’t utilize an unnecessary micrometer or dial indicator. Nor do we rotate the mandrel on an eccentric which changes the center of the cut and has inconsistent adjustment. Our Model A simply adjusts by moving the mandrel toward or away from the stationary cutter with VERY minimal backlash. The Model A utilizes a super-fine 80TPI drive screw giving you .0002” adjustment between each mark, the marks have ample space between them allowing you to make adjustments as fine as .0001”. Tool does not include mandrel.
Our large caliber neck turning mandrels are sized appropriately to work with expander mandrels from Sinclair International.
To see a video of the standard Model A in use go to:
- Adjustments of 0.0002” are easy to accomplish
o (0.0001” adjustments not out of the questions)
- Accepts Sinclair large caliber (5/8" shank) neck turning mandrels (sold separately)
- Carbide cutter should never go dull
o Available in multiple cutter angles
1. 30˚ for a wide variety of cartridges including BR, PPC, RSAUM and 6.5x47
2. 30° for short-neck (<.250") cartridges such as 204 Ruger, 17 FB and various wildcats
3. 35˚ for 284 and WSM family cartridges
4. 40 for short-neck (<.250") cartridges such as Dasher and various wildcats
5. 17.5˚ cutter for 30-06 family
6. 20˚ cutter for 308 family and 338 Lapua
7. 23˚ cutter for 223 family
8. 28˚ cutter for 22-250 (also work for 6mm Rem)
9. 15-44 cutter for BMG
- Replacement cutters available separately
- Large ergonomic design
o Fits the hand well with good heft without being too heavy
o Size & shape keeps the tool easy to control under the torque of a case lathe or power drill
very consistent and easy adjustments