For rifles chambered in 5.56 NATO / 223 Remington
This Rod Guide is specially made for the Ruger Precision Rifle chambered in 5.56 NATO (223 Rem). In addition to being the proper diameter, this rod guide is also 15" in length to accommodate the extra long receiver length of the Ruger Precision Rifle. A 44" Dewey cleaning rod is recommended for use with this guide/rifle combination.
We've taken the best features of the rod guides we've been using for years and put them into one guide.
The PMA Rod Guide Features:
- 15" overall length (Ruger Precision Rifle only)
- CNC Lathe Turned Black Delrin
- Our guides are made from black delrin because it doesn't stain and discolor like white delrin.
- Integral Solvent Port
- The integral solvent port is machined and located properly, not too big, not too small, and not directly under the scope eye piece (at least for most rifles).
- Postitive Markings
- Our guides are laser marked and paint filled; the paint may eventually wear off, but unlike stickers or identifying marks made by a marker, the engraving is there to stay.
- Red Silicone O-Rings
- In our opinion, red silicone o-rings hold up better to solvents and because they are a contrasting color to the black delrin, any wear and tear on the o-ring is instantly recognizable.
- Aluminum Rod Guide Insert
- We use aluminum for our rod guide insert, this allows us to hold a tighter tolerance on the inside diameter ensuring support for the cleaning rod. Aluminum also lets us give the end of the insert a nice, sharp, clean knurl for pulling the insert out of the guide.
- Dual O-Ring Insert
- Our insert also has two o-rings instead of just one so it doesn't wobble inside of the guide. The less everything wobbles, the straighter the rod will be in the bore.
- Clear Reusable Packaging
- We use the same telescoping plastic tube used to transport and ship high dollar cutting tools. It easily holds a rod guide and insert and is clear so the markings on the rod guide can be seen.
Was pleased to have found this high quality bore guide for my RPR 223/556. Excellent quality in all respects. Machined to exactly fit into the receiver, lug area, and chamber. I do recommend you run a cleaning patch through it before use to clean out any particles left over from it's manufacture. The service from PMATools was excellent in all respects. They also promptly picked up the phone when I called to inquire about a shipping problem. They did ship it to me via USPS Priority Mail. However, in my particular case, the USPS messed up and it took them 10 days to deliver it to New Jersey when it should have been 2-3 days. However, that was USPS's fault, not PMATool's.
Makes cleaning the Ruger RPR much easier. I use bore guides to keep solvents out of the receivers, solvent ports are excellent to apply solvents to patches/brushes, easier to push the cleaning rods into the actions, and less rod flex when you experience that “tight” patch!! Well made, will last forever. Children, Grandchildren etc. will be using this product.
Just what is needed for cleaning the Ruger Precision Rifle. Fits the rifle perfectly. I have both the 5.56 and the the 6.5 Creedmoor.
The guide is very well made and precise. Made cleaning my Ruger Precision Rifle a snap. I’ll definitely recommend them to my friends. Hopefully they have a guide for my Cooper rifle.