For rifles chambered in 308, 30BR, 7mm-08 and 7mm BR.
This Rod Guide is specially made for the Ruger Precision Rifle chambered in 243 Winchester and 6.5 Creedmoor. In addition to being the proper diameter, this rod guide is also 15" in length to accommodate the extra long receiver length of the Ruger Precision Rifle. A 44" Dewey cleaning rod is recommended for use with this guide/rifle combination.
We've taken the best features of the rod guides we've been using for years and put them into one guide.
The PMA Rod Guide Features:
- CNC Lathe Turned Black Delrin
- Our guides are made from black delrin because it doesn't stain and discolor like white delrin.
- Integral Solvent Port
- The integral solvent port is machined and located properly, not too big, not too small, and not directly under the scope eye piece (at least for most rifles).
- Postitive Markings
- Our guides are laser marked and paint filled; the paint may eventually wear off, but unlike stickers or identifying marks made by a marker, the engraving is there to stay.
- Red Silicone O-Rings
- In our opinion, red silicone o-rings hold up better to solvents and because they are a contrasting color to the black delrin, any wear and tear on the o-ring is instantly recognizable.
- Finger Groove
- At the back end of the guide we have a finger groove instead knurling, delrin does not lend itself to a nice sharp knurl, the finger groove gives good purchase on the rod guide to pull it out of the receiver.
- Aluminum Rod Guide Insert
- We use aluminum for our rod guide insert, this allows us to hold a tighter tolerance on the inside diameter ensuring support for the cleaning rod. Aluminum also lets us give the end of the insert a nice, sharp, clean knurl for pulling the insert out of the guide (it also allows us to make the inserts in a beautiful blue color).
- Dual O-Ring Insert
- Our insert also has two o-rings instead of just one so it doesn't wobble inside of the guide. The less everything wobbles, the straighter the rod will be in the bore.
- Clear Reusable Packaging
- We use the same telescoping plastic tube used to transport and ship high dollar cutting tools. It easily holds a rod guide and insert and is clear so the markings on the rod guide can be seen.